I thought it would be fun to (finally) post about the Liebster award, which was awarded to me by the lovely girls over at Elizabeth Joan Designs. I want to thank you guys so much for nominating me! You’ve been the absolute sweetest to me during this short time as a blogger. I hope you don’t think it’s weird that I consider you my bloggy friends. Lol!
Here’s a little info about the Liebster award:
“It’s given by bloggers to new bloggers as a way to recognize their hard work and also provide a platform to discover new blogs. The word “liebster” is German and means kind, dear, lovely, pleasant, valued, endearing, and welcome.” via Elizabeth Joan Designs
There are several variations of rules but the most commonly occurring ones that I found are as follows:
- Thank the person who nominated you.
- Display the award in your post or sidebar (or both).
- Provide 11 random facts about yourself.
- Answer the questions provided to you by your presenter.
- Nominate 5 new bloggers with less than 3000 followers.
- Provide 11 questions for your nominees to answer.
- List the rules in your post.
- Inform the nominees of your award and provide a link back to your post.
11 Random Facts:
- I have orange juice for breakfast every morning.
- My favorite color (right now) is navy blue.
- I graduated high school early.
- I have 3 cats and 2 dogs.
- I’d rather drink hot chocolate than coffee.
- My favorite movie of all time is Moulin Rouge.
- I’m okay with spiders but roaches freak me out.
- I sing in the shower.
- I don’t like to wear jewelry.
- Laundry is my most loathed chore.
- I’ve had 2 (failed) blogs before this one.
- What is the weirdest thing you have done in/for a blog post?
Hmmm…..I haven’t really done anything too weird for a blog post, but I will definitely let you know when that time comes. And it will, I’m sure!
- How did you come up with the name of your blog?
Well, my house is little and it has red brick on the outside. Creative, right?! In all seriousness, though, this is our first house and I know that we will probably move eventually but I wanted something to remind us of where we started; where we came from and how far we have come. I think it’s sweet and endearing.
- Do you consider yourself a garbage picker?
If you’re asking if I dumpster dive, then heck yes! You can find some major treasures in the trash. There’s something seriously satisfying about giving new life to an old, discarded piece. And it’s kind to the environment!
- What was your first job ever?
I was a cashier at Garden Ridge. (one of my absolute favorite places!)
- What did you do before blogging?
I was (and am currently) a stay-at-home-mom.
- How many hours a week do you spend working on your blog?
Not enough, lol! I recently organized my blogging schedule so that I can commit more time to blogging. I think I spend anywhere from 1 to 2 hours writing, networking and maintaining my blog and even more time working on projects. I try to stay off the computer on my husband’s off days, so there’s about 3 days a week that I don’t “blog”. I definitely could be doing more, but I don’t want to burn myself out again and end up taking another blog vacation. And I don’t want to churn out posts just to post. I want to provide quality over quantity. Slow and steady is what helps keep me on track.
- What is your favorite food?
I loooooove cheesecake and could eat it everyday.
- What is your favorite color combo?
I’m a huge sucker for navy and white. It’s so classic and I especially appreciate the nautical feel it can give.
- Do you have any hidden talents we should know about? If yes, what are they?
If you consider being an excellent speller a talent, then yes! Lol! I can also wave my right pinkie toe.
- What is your favorite season?
Autumn is by far my favorite. The crisp chill in the air. The coming of the holidays. The colors of nature. What’s not to love?
- What is your preferred vacation spot?
I love going to the beach. The sun and sand are so invigorating. But I’ve really been wanting to retreat to a lakeside cabin and just chill for a week or two. My family loves fishing and campfires. And s’mores!
Now, I know that not all of my nominees are newer blogs but they’re new to me and I think that they all are kind, dear, lovely, valued, etc. And if any of you have more than 3000 followers, I apologize. I nominated based on the fact that I am a new follower and that I genuinely enjoy and value your content. So without further ado…
My Liebster nominees:
- Why did you start blogging?
- Favorite social media outlet?
- What’s your guilty pleasure?
- Biggest pet peeve?
- Why did you pick your blog name?
- Coffee or tea?
- If you had to choose, which of the 5 senses would you rather lose? (sight, smell, taste, touch, or hearing)
- Favorite way to pass the time?
- Are you a dog or cat person?
- Nikon or Canon?
- Last person you texted?
This was so much fun! And a big THANK YOU! again, to Elizabeth Joan Designs for nominating me.